LITTLE SONG OF DARKNESS


In honour of World Poetry Day in this unusual and uncertain time,  a poem for three voices

Image: gilderm

Susan Gillis
LITTLE SONG OF DARKNESS 
for three interpenetrating voices


Just me and my aura on heaven’s roof
                                                         Just me and my aura



floating around           in a big white suit
                        on heaven’s roof   
                                                            Just me and my aura



                                   clomping around in big white boots
             floating around                          in a big white suit
on heaven’s roof



                  Everything here’s so strange and mute
clomping                             clomping around
                       floating                                         floating 



                                I’m shrinking              
in big white boots                  so strange                 and mute
                                                                so strange                      inside


I’m shrinking  inside                                       my big white suit
                  and mute  inside                  my strange  white suit
                                  I’m strange  inside         on heaven’s roof 


This poem was performed Feb 29, 2020 by Bon Echo (Anne Archer, Barb Secker, and Alfred von Mirbach) as part of the River Resonance Chamber Choir's concert Music of Life: Birth, Courage, Hope and Loss in Perth, Ontario

Image: Terry Standefer